Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Timelapse Challenge

Hey everyone,

A thought entered my head the other day concerning timelapse photography. I think I may try to produce a timelapse video every day for a week or maybe a month (gosh!). They are fun and don't require a whole lot of attention so they won't interfere with my work too much. It sounds like a fun experiment, and I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on the subject. Ideas are welcome, too.

Here is a video I just made while working in the hallway. I used a high f-stop and took 1 second exposures for around half an hour. When winter comes I would like to do a full timelapse showing the sun rising and setting since it barely does either one. It is a fun process that I would like to explore some more.

Thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. As I was laying outside last night, before I fell asleep, I thought it might be interesting to time lapse myself sleeping outside, under the stars. Maybe get the aurora or star movement, maybe just get myself rolling over or doing something weird I don't know I do when I sleep :)
    Good challenge. Get creative... like time lapsing the melting of frost in the morning.

    ReplyDelete